6 Our commitment for ecological development
Change begins with you
In order to reduce GHG emissions, and in particular those caused by gray energy and ghost consumption of standby devices, we commit ourselves to:
For the hardware:
- to give you advieses on which technology has, as far as we know, the least environmental impact throughout its life cycle,
- to promote the reconditioning over the purchase of a new equipment,
- to promote positive solutions regarding the living and working environment, and to reject intrusive and energy-intensive technologies (passive devices, real-time location tools, etc.).
For the software:
- to capitalize creative energies by privileging opensource technologies, and by publishing as much as possible of our own works under free license,
- to offer you low-energy hosting solutions (shared or virtual servers with shared resources)
- to use, if possible, standardized methods and APIs, widely used and cross-platform,
- to enforce the creation of efficient, long-lasting, and low resource software.